Value Stream Management Foundation℠ (VSM)
The Value Stream Management Foundation course from Value Stream Management Consortium, and offered in partnership with DevOps Institute, is an introductory course taking learners through a value stream management implementation journey. It considers the human, process, and technology aspects of this way of working and explores how optimizing value streams for flow and realization positively impacts organizational performance.
Upon successful completion of the Value Stream Management Foundation℠ (VSM) course, participants will be equipped with the expertise to implement and champion Value Stream Management practices, contributing to the overall success and agility of their organizations.
In this course, you will learn:
- Value Stream Management objectives and vocabulary
- Value realization metrics and aligning to business outcomes, and how to sense and respond to them (outcomes versus outputs)
- Relationship of how lean, agile, DevOps, and ITSM principles contribute to value stream management
- What value stream management is, why it’s needed and the business benefits of its practice
- How to write value stream flow and realization optimization hypotheses and experiments
- Express value streams visually using mapping techniques, define current and target states and hypothesis backlog
- Leadership and CXO, especially CIO, CTO, CPO and CVO. This includes Transformation and Evolution leads and change agents
- Value stream architects, managers, engineers.
- Scrum Masters, Agile and DevOps Coaches and Facilitators. Also portfolio, product and project managers, and owners;
- Release and environment managers;
- Business Analysts Architects;
- IT Ops, Developers, Engineers and Service and Support Desk Workers;
- Customer experience and success professionals.
Participants should have baseline knowledge and understanding of common DevOps definitions and principles. We recommend after attending the DevOps Foundation course.
Attendees will receive the Certification Credential after successfully passing the exam that leads to the VSM Foundation.
What will you receive:
- Sixteen hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Digital Learner Manual
- Access to exclusive Agile Thinkers Academy Digital library
- Agile Thinkers Academy Slack community
- Agile Thinkers Academy Certificate of Attendance
PMI Professional Development Units (PDU)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDU towards their continuing education requirements with PMI.
For detailed information regarding course policies, terms, and conditions, please visit our dedicated section.
All trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.