Includes Implementing SAFe® with SPC Certification Course
What you will receive:
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe 5 Program Consultant (SPC) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Access to exclusive Agile Thinkers Academy Digital library
- Agile Thinkers Academy Slack community
- Agile Thinkers Academy Certificate of Attendance
Attendees must attend all four days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Attendees will receive the Certification Credential:
- Certified SAFe® Program Consultant PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Program Consultant digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SPC Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
- Access to online Trainer Enablement plans to qualify to teach and certify others in Leading SAFe® (SA), SAFe® for Government (SGP), SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM), SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM), SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM), SAFe® DevOps (SDP), SAFe® Agile Software Engineering (ASE), SAFe® for Teams (SP), and SAFe® Release Train Engineer (RTE).**You must be a certified RTE and an SPC to teach the RTE course, and only Gold Partner SPCTs can qualify to teach the RTE course in a public environment.
PMI Professional Development Units (PDU)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDU towards their continuing education requirements with PMI
During this four-day course, attendees will learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) to achieve Business Agility in the Digital Age.
Certifying as a SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC), and becoming a change agent, also enables attendees to train and certify others in a range of SAFe® courses.
The first two days of the course—Leading SAFe®—cover the SAFe Principles, and the Team and Technical Agility, Agile Product Delivery and Lean Portfolio Management core competencies. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in the Enterprise, following the SAFe® Implementation Roadmap.
Attendees practice the steps necessary to bring an organization to the tipping point and how to identify Value Streams and organize Agile Release Trains (ARTs), followed by learning how to successfully prepare, launch, and coach ARTs. The attendees then explore launching more ARTs as part of a Solution Train and how to extend Lean-Agile practices to the Portfolio with Lean Portfolio Management. The course concludes by focusing on the areas needed to accelerate towards Business Agility by establishing Organizational Agility, building a Continuous Learning Culture and identifying improvement opportunities by applying the SAFe assessments.
Leading SAFe® – Days 1 and 2
- Thriving in the Digital Age with Business Agility
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Building Solutions with Agile Product Delivery
- Exploring Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the Change
- Practicing SAFe
Implementing SAFe® – Days 3 and 4
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an Agile Release Train
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Accelerating to Business Agility
- Becoming a SAFe 5 Program Consultant (SPC)
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
This course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe implementation. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative. Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence (LACE) participants, Agile Working Groups
- Business and Technology Executives, Leaders, Managers, and Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA, and IT Managers
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance personnel
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Program Consultant certification exam and practice as a SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC):
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
We'd suggest prior to attending this course participants explore the Full SAFe Configuration at the Scaled Agile Framework website: https://www.scaledagileframework.com/. The icons are clickable, and they will take you to the relevant article.
The following articles are recommended reading:
Exam Details: Implementing SAFe® with SPC Certification
The first step toward becoming a Certified SAFe® Program Consultant is to attend this course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
Exam prerequisite skills
- Facilitation skills
- Classroom management and time management
- Agile experience – ability to teach an Agile class for beginners
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Possess experiences or stories, and the ability to connect business and IT
- Experience and ability to connect across business contexts and speak the language
- Technical fluency to effectively work with processes and workflows
- Emotional intelligence—at a minimum, understand the impact of decisions on people, workflows, and business
- Exam name – SAFe® 5 Program Consultant Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of your course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $250.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Exam study materials
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
- Course materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
- Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam,* and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam, and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
- Sample Questions – A web-enabled, flashcard style version of the sample questions can be found online and in the study guide.
Training Remotely | Guidelines for a Successful Experience
Congratulations on joining Agile Thinkers remote courses. We are committed to facilitating a pleasant and enriching experience for all our attendees.
That's is why it is critically important that we are clarifying how we're going to work together to be most effective. So, let's develop some working agreements and suggestions to encourage the type of team environment that we want to foster during our training sessions.
Before the training starts:
1. Inform your co-workers/colleagues what will be the time you're attending training, and you shouldn't' be interrupted;
2. Look for a comfortable and quiet place to set your training spot;
3. Reduce distractions, noises and background interference;
4. Test your internet signal and guarantee you have a good connection;
5. Please please take some time to explore the tools and how to login;
6. Visit the toilet 10m before the session starts;
7. Stay hydrated;
8. Bring a notebook and a pen with you;
9. Limit interruptions from family members;
10. Make sure you turn off Outlook, gmail, Slack, WhatsApp, Skype or other sources of interruption;
11. If you can, select flight mode on your phone;
12. Test your earphones.
1. While there are no questions, confirm you are mute;
2. Ask for help if you have any questions unmuting yourself or sending a message in chat;
3. Use Chat area to address the trainer some questions. As soon as possible, we will give feedback.
4. Respect the Time-boxes;
5. Be on time so you can deliver on time;
6. Don't accept calls while you're on training unless is extremely necessary and vital for you;
7. Please keep your camera on;
8. It's completely forbidden for students to record audio or video of any kind or take pictures from the sessions without written agreement;
9. For training. and quality assurance purpose of our staff, we can record video, audio and the chat of all sessions;
10. Have fun! Enjoy your course!
Make sure you also check our FAQs
All trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.