Apr 13th | Session 1 : Overview of reimagining management in the digital age
Apr 20th | Session 2 : Getting clear on the purpose of the firm : Starting with Why?
- Instead of giving primacy to the maximizing shareholder value, the goal of the firm is to create value for customers , along with a business model that generates profits as a result.
Apr 27th | Session 3 : Structure of the Firm
- Instead of bureaucracy where individuals report to bosses, the firm mostly deploys self-organizing team-based arrangements
- Instead of the steep hierarchies of authority of industrial era-firms, digital firms tend to be organized in horizontal networks of competence .
May 4th | Session 4 : Strategy
- Instead of strategy limited to protecting the existing business, strategy is dynamic, interactive, and value-creating
- Instead of limiting themselves to what the firm itself can provide, the firm often mobilizes other firms to help meet user needs.
May 11th | Session 5 : Leadership
- Instead of leadership being limited to the top of the organization, leadership now occurs at every level
May 18th | Session 6 : Innovation
Instead of innovation limited to marginal improvements to existing products, Innovation
enhances existing businesses and creates new businesses
May 25th | Session 7 : Sales & Marketing
- Instead of sales and marketing that are making the numbers, they are now about making a difference for customers and users
Jun 1st | Session 8 : Human Resources
Instead of HR that operates as an agent of control, HR is about
attracting and enabling talent
Jun 8th | Session 9 : Operations and Measurement
- Instead of a focus outputs and efficiencies, operations is about exceeding expected outcomes at lower cost .
Jun 15th | Session 10 : Budgeting
- Instead of budgeting being a battle for resources among the silos, budgeting is driven by strategy
Jun 22nd | Session 11 : Values
- Although values will be woven into every session, session #11 will put a special focus on the key cross cutting themes of empathy, collaboration, inclusion and environment.
| Session 12 : Wrapping it up,
tying it all together