Kanban Systems Improvement (KSI)
In any workflow system there will be sources of delay, variability, and bottlenecks. Learn to proactively discover these challenges and then apply techniques to improve or smooth the flow of work.
You learned the basics of Kanban and how to design a single system in the Kanban System Design course. The next step on your journey is to learn how to scale out to multiple connected systems. In Kanban Systems Improvement, you will learn how to manage and optimize those systems using metrics and evolutionary change.
In this course, you will:
- Understand the basics, motivation, and benefits of evolutionary change.
- Scale out your system in multiple directions – upstream, downstream, connected to other systems.
- Learn how to run the Kanban cadences to manage and scale your system across your organization.
- Understand the sources of delays, variability, and what you can do to effectively manage them.
- Identify bottlenecks in a workflow and take actions to improve flow and reduce time to deliver or time to discover.
- Learn how to utilize key metrics such as Lead Time, Run Charts, and Cumulative Flow Diagrams to guide your continuous improvement using evolutionary change.
This course is ideal for:
People who are currently using a Kanban system, have prior experience with Kanban, or are currently in the KMP training series.
Attendees are expected to have read Kanban by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows.
Prior attendance in the Kanban System Design class is strongly recommended.
Students completing this course and the Kanban System Design course receive the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential.
What will you receive:
- High-quality training with Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) Hugo Lourenço
- Oficial online training materials (PDF)
- Training certificate by Kanban University recognizing participation in the class
- Access to exclusive Agile Thinkers Academy Digital library
- Agile Thinkers Academy Slack community
- Agile Thinkers Academy Certificate of Attendance
PMI Professional Development Units (PDU)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for PDU towards their continuing education requirements with PMI
For detailed information regarding course policies, terms, and conditions, please visit our dedicated section.
All trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.